Sunday, April 26, 2009

Try to write serious matter

Recalling my life since I was born. I was born to Abdul Hamid bin Nuki (AH) and Sa'adiah bt Hj Maidin (SHM)on Saturday 7 April 1956, 5.30pm at home. We call them ayah and mak. I am the 6th child of the couple but the 8th to AH and the 7th of SHJ since they were widow and widower when they married.
My siblings are Azizah, Nik, Mohd Hatta (deceased), Su Om, Ahmad Jaal (Ambada), Chek Wa and Zaharah. My half sisters from AH first marriage were Halipah and Don'tknow and form SHM were Nasir (If not mistaken). All died during their infant except Halipah passed away in 1998. Mohd Hatta passed away at the age of 23 on 9 September 1969 leaving behind a wife Julia Ariffin and a son Hazlan Jashobli age 6 month at the time.
I was not an easy child to raise as I was told. I was a healthy child but very rebellious.
My father was a very handsome man, tall (5' 8"), fair, quite sharp features and slim. My mother was a petite, sweet Malay lady of not even 5' tall with flat nose. In appearance, they were not so handsome couple. But in their own way they were very loving (romantic).
My father was a government servant who could speak English fluently. My mother was the opposite, she was illiterate "buta huruf" but very alert and intelligent. She could read Quran very well and good with figures (counting money). She loved travelling. She traveled more than my father.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Kak Xyhani(hooyoo..nama glamer). Elok le anak Nixa, maknya Xyhani.
    Nyah tak nak berblog ker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah kak zai... welcome... welcome to the blogging world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very rebellious? hehe.. now i know where i got that character from.. but i think im more moderate.. betul tak?

    -ur daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum wbt.
    Tk. Dah lama kak zai beblog ni. Tengok org lain punye je. Lately ni rase macam nak tulis and record kehidupan masa kecil dulu. banyak dah lupa saat2 manis mase kecik dulu. Cuba le masak 'apam saya' tu. K zai x pernah cuba pun. Wassalam.

    ReplyDelete